Roundstone and Ballyconneely Cycle loop:
Discover a Taste of Connemara Tour and experience the best Connemara has to offer. Take in the Landscape as you meander with your Electric or Regular bike along quiet country lanes and coastal roads.
Stop off at Roundstone for fresh Atlantic mussels or a seafood chowder and continue on with a visit to the Connemara Smokehouse, where you’ll see how the finest Irish Smoked Salmon is made, meet the producers and get a grand tour of the Connemara Smoke House.
Following the Smoke House you can discover the historical Marconi radio site which History fans will appreciate is the site of the radio transmitter Station from which the italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi exchanged the first transatlantic radio message with a station in Nova Scotia in 1907.
Also to discover at this site is the The Alcock & Brown landing site, where in 1919 the Alcock and Brown crash-landed in the bog and was the first transatlantic flight.
Alcock and Brown were the first men to say “Yesterday we were in America” you’ll get a real taste for Connemara.
- Try our Kalkhoff Electric Bikes or Regular Bikes.
- Safety Helmet, lock and Hi-Viz Jacket included.
- Map of Route Plan for Self Guiding.
- The Bog Road (Majestic vistas of the Lough’s and Ben’s).
- Roundstone (Renowned Local Mussels and Atlantic Seafood Chowder).
- Gurteen Beach a Wild Atlantic Way Discovery point and Dogs Bay.
- Connemara Smokehouse (World famous Smoked salmon).
- Coral Beach
- Derrigimlagh Bog: Alcock & Brown and the Marconi Radio Station site, A Wild Atlantic Way Signature Discovery Point.
- Hi-vis vest
- Bike Lock
- Emergency support.